Project 1: Anatomy of the Squibble: Creative Description Through Visual Display of Information.
Due Date: Beginning of class period January 27, 2011
You have been hired as a scientific illustrator to create a public education poster to be displayed at the Roswell UFO Festival July 1-4, 2011. Working on your own, use your current drawing, design and creative skills to form a visual representation of the information in the Anatomy of the Squibble article. Your task is to clearly convey this data in a visually interesting and informative way. Remember to show what is described and strive to do so in the most clear, simple and straight forward manor. Have fun and be creative!!!
- Text may only be used in the title and as a labeling system. (1-2 word labels, no written descriptions).
- The illustration must be in color and print ready.
- Size and resolution: 11”x14” landscape or portrait at 150 ppi in RGB color.
- The final piece should be saved in flattened PDF Format and labeled as follows: LastName_Ex1_Squibble_S2010.pdf. Email to Travis.email@example.com before the start of class on 1/27.
- Post a jpeg version of your squibble to the scimedia.wordpress.com blog before the start of class on 1/27. Be sure to select the project 1 category when posting.
- Be prepared to discuss your process and decisions during class critique on 1/27
Below is a pdf copy of the assignment handout.
Squibble Story Excerpt